5.01.2009

busboys & poets

last night i visited a happenin' restaurant called, busboys & poets. i didn't actually order anything... but i went there to see:
nikki giovanni!

she has a new book of poetry called, "bicycles: love poems" so she came to discuss it, read some poetry and to chat with me!!
there were a lot of people there...she is totally amazing. and hilarious. it was a poetry reading/stand-up comedy act.
we're discussing life... umm just kidding. i was confirming my name is spelled, "e-m-i-l-y." she was really nice.
can you tell i'm super excited/nervous?! yeah... it was a little embarrassing, but totally worth it.

i have known of and loved nikki since high school. i owe it all to linny. i wished so much she could have been there with me... but don't worry, you were in my heart *wink*
oh. and i felt very white. but that's the fun of it :)



...I love you 'cause I changed my life
to love you
because you saw me one friday
afternoon and decided that I would
love you
I love you I love you I love you
-"resignation" by nikki

No comments: