7.27.2009

eastern market flowers

on saturday we visited eastern market where all the farmers and crafters come out to play. i love eastern market. and as you can probably see, i am moderately obsessed with flowers.
i'm glad we got to share it with these cute ladies--- my aunt, deanna & my mom, peggy. they are a whole bundle of giggling fun when they get together.
my mom is a health nut (as i mentioned) and so, naturally she was drawn to the honey stand. she was so excited when she was told she could taste the honey.
aren't these sunflowers so happy?! oh i just looove sunflowers.
and here's a little more of my flower obsession. cockscomb. i loooove this flower. i just had to incorporate it into my floral arrangements at our wedding. i wish i had some good shots handy...
here's one!! enjoy :)
so... i know i'm not the only one who loves flowers! what is your favorite and why??!
hope you had a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

Carlene said...

I love flowers. great polaroids! :)

Rose Red said...

My favorite flowers are snapdragons. When I was little I would move their mouth and make them talk.

Little Miss Tiara said...

oh! Those flowers are so pretty! and I love the color polaroids make :D

I love any kind of daisies, the bigger the better, hahaha... and sunflowers too! they're just sooo big and cheerful, and dandelion )is it even flower?) makes me feel serene I don't know why :)

Sarah said...

That sunflower picture is amazing. So pretty! You're so lucky to have a place like the Eastern Market. It looks like my kind of place. My favorite flower? The tulip. I just love its simplicity and perfect design :)

Red Boots said...

Your photos are lovely! I'm obsessed with markets. Equally obsessed with flower markets - my mum is a florist, so they remind me of being young and wandering around them with my mum.

My favourite flowers are alliums. I want a whole garden of them! x

Farah said...

aww I love your flower shots!! Flowers in Malaysia are generally expensive which makes for a very unhappy me! =(

our little love nest said...

Wow..what gorgeous bunches of flowers. I love the look of Gerbera daisies and spider mums in eye popping colours and I love the smell of honeysuckle and jasmine.
I think it is so great that you get to spend time with your mom. She is positively adorable. I miss mine. xoxo

KELL said...

hydrangeas are my favorite :)
just found your blog- very cute!

Bee @ Contently said...

Daisies, dandelions, peonies and pink roses!