7.22.2009

happy birthday, mamma!

iiiiit's
my mom's birthday!! happy, happy birthday, mom!! *photo taken at our wedding!

isn't she bee-u-tii--ful?

dear mom,

thanks for being amazing. thanks for having me even though you didn't really plan on it. thanks for making me breakfast and reading the scriptures to me every morning when i was growing up. thanks for being my friend- even when i was a teenager. thanks for teaching me to love art. thanks for making my bedroom your painting room when i moved out- how flattering. thanks for teaching me to eat well and to put my "wheat in there." thanks for calling me and being concerned about me. thanks for loving ben and thinking he's swell. thanks: for being my mom.

and thanks for spontaneously coming to visit us!!! (she arrives tomorrow with her sister, deanna!!)

happy birthday, mamma.

love,

emily

4 comments:

our little love nest said...

Oooh she sounds lovely and is very beautiful. Happy birthday to your mom! Enjoy! xo

Sarah said...

Mom is so pretty! Happy Birthday to Mom!

Your letter to her is so sweet. What a wonderful post Emily. Have fun during your visit!

becks said...

I hope you had a lovely time with your mum! Do update about what you did together? I am sure it'll be lovely.

Shokoofeh said...

She's lovely!
Happy birthday to her!

:)