7.21.2009

the history of vinyls

last week...

ben got a turntable (via nice gift cards from siblings) --- for his birthday.
we listened to cat stevens and then simon & garfunkel.
it made me think of growing up and listening to nothing but vinyls. i would go crazy because my brothers would blast u2, pearl jam & the beatles.
but listening to the vinyls the other night... made me cry a little (only a little). for me, there is something about that noise at the beginning of a record when the needle hits it and spins around with no music just yet. and... just listening to the oldies but goodies.
*sigh* it was lovely.
any lovely memories [as of late] you'd like to share?

7 comments:

our little love nest said...

I hear ya entirely! I so miss our old turntable. The sound is amazing and the memories are so vivid. xo

Rose Red said...

Music sounds so much better on a turn table. Simon & garfunkel always make me cry.

Megan Marie said...

love this. love your dress. it makes me want to pull our record-player out of storage.

Megan Marie said...

i mean your post makes me want to listen to records... not your dress. but your dress does motivate me to take a shower and look nice today. :)

Sarah said...

This is so cool that you have that now!

I love the vinyls and old turntables too! When I was in middle school, I used to pretend I was sick so I could stay home from school and play records all day on my parents' turntable. It was great!

Have fun!

Red Boots said...

I was obsessed with our turntable when I was a kid. I would demand to listen to Bruce Springsteen over and over again. Good times. x

becks said...

I want a turntable! I want a turntable too.. when i have my own house next time.