8.13.2009

100

i thought for my 100th post... i would give a 100 word sililoquy on what brought me to be an anthropologist in school and in my daily life. enjoy :)
When you’re young, everything is much more romantic, at least it was for me. At the age of 19, I flew to Italy all by myself, when the sun was just right in the sky. The Italian Alps took my breath away. And so did the family who I was to live with and nanny for. The little boy didn’t love me at first, but he soon would take my hand with his chubby little fingers as we were walking. Learning and living with this family changed my entire perspective. They taught me to love: to love people & cultures.

9 comments:

SHOKOOFEH said...

Wow! beautiful!

Sarah said...

Oh I love your 100 words. It's wonderful to know that your Italy experience was the spark for your career. Your 100 words have sparked my interest, I would love to know more about your work. It is fascinating to me.

Congratulations on your 100th post! Yours is one of the best blogs around Emily.

our little love nest said...

Congrats on your 100th post. I love your soliloquy. What a great way to memorialize this part of your life. I love it! xoxo

Rose Red said...

Beautiful! How brave of you to go so far away from home at 19. I was 19 when I was sent to Okinawa. Living in another country really does help you to love other cultures. That's when I was bit my the travel bug.

Tina Tarnoff said...

so lovely, so beautiful. I left home when I was 18, to go work as a nanny in London, so I can relate with your experience. and I also wanted to be anthropologist and archaeologist, but never persued that dream. I'm glad you did!

Crystal Ball said...

What a neat idea! Congrats on your 100th post, may there be hundreds more.

Kay Davis said...

i would so scrap book for you if i was in america! i love scrapbooking its fun. congrats on your 100th ppost. i'm only on 22 lol.

italy that is so amazing. i'm 19 i wish i could just fly away somewhere. preferably sweden.

Little Miss Tiara said...

oh! congrats on your 100th post! I'm still halfway from it, haha, and I love your 100 words, simple and sweet :)

Farah said...

that is really beautiful and sweet. congrats on your 100th post! ;)