8.21.2009

vintage DC circa 1952

the vintage goddess of southern california sent me this amazing vintage postcard of washington, dc this week.
i loooove it. thanks so much kellie jo!!

my favorite part about the postcard was... since it was written in 1952, the sender only had to put the recipients' names and their town. no address. so cool right? like the post office got it back then and said, oh yes, Mr & Mrs Rawlings.

so cool.

p.s. happy friday!

we're off to Utah for the weekend. Can you believe it? We're stoked.
xo lovies!

11 comments:

our little love nest said...

LOVE it!! Hope you have a great trip to Utah! xoxo

Olivia Rae said...

oh my gosh, that's so cool! i wish it was still like that. have a fun trip this weekend!!

Rose Red said...

I'm glad you like it!

What part of Utah will you be in? Have a fun safe trip.

xoxo

Saskia said...

I love that about the address... how wonderful!

Have a lovely trip!

Saskia xx

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Have a fun trip! Love this post card!

Little Miss Tiara said...

that's really cool! I mean, the postcard and also your upcoming trip! Ah, I wish I have time to do so, uni is killing me! D:

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Love the vintage picture...the sepia color is gorgeous!
Have a lovely & safe trip!!

xo

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

i love vintage postcards too...it is amazing anything got delivered!
have fun in beautiful utah!
xox

7upkels said...

i love dc, and that old postcard! how quaint - to just simply address something as Mr.& Mrs...so cute.

Have fun in Utah!!

Sarah said...

beyond cool! Love old postcards.

Kristin said...

That is so lovely. I miss my city! I only lived there for a year, but I've longed to move back ever since I left!