9.13.2009

september 11 ... better late than never

we visited the congressional cemetery on september 12... not really thinking we'd run into a memorial grove dedicated for september 11, 2001.there was this amazing totem pole in the middle of the cemetery. i thought it was beautiful...
memorial grove.
ironically, i had to call the embassy of afghanistan for my boss on september 11th. the embassy was closed for the holiday. i thought that was pretty interesting.

i hope you all had a good weekend.
happy almost monday.

em

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Great photos.

I can't believe how long ago it happened. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was stationed in Okinawa, we were locked in our homes because of a huge typhoon that was hitting us. It was the middle of the night and someone called from home, saying "turn on the tv now," i saw the second plan hit live, and I thought "Oh my gosh, we are next!" Before the typhoon our base had been put on high alert because of terrorist threats. I really thought I was going to die before my 21st birthday.
I can't imagine what is was like for the people there and the ones that lost loved ones.

I will remember them in my prayers tonight.

xoxo

*Lesli* said...

Pretty pics...and VERY ironic, indeed.

our little love nest said...

Even though I am a Canadian this event had such a strong impact on my life. I think it is so important to remember the fragility of life. I am still so disturbed that there are people who could be so violent as to have no real regard for human life. xoxo

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

I remember seeing my dad set down his bowl of Cherrios and I knew something was wrong.

It is a day that sticks forever in your mind.