12.11.2009

some photos i took, with film.

i loved the shadows in this
my dad is a photographer.
he got offered a job by national geographic once. that is like the rolls royce of photography jobs.

but, i am still learning. sadly, i put cameras aside for too long...

remember when i said i was going out shooting?
i'm working on a role of black&white right now. I think b&w is great in wintertime because the contrast is so stark sometimes.
stay tuned.

have a good weekend, lovelies!

p.s. thanks for all your well wishes on my papers. i'm almost done!!!

*some of these have lines because the photo machine that printed these was having issues. still, i think they came out ok.

17 comments:

LENORENEVERMORE said...

I like the 'Y' on the mountain...
Great weekend dear~
xo*

Shokoofeh said...

These are gorgeous Emily, good job. xo

kELLO! said...

FIIIIIILM! i love film =)

Farah said...

OMG!!! that is the rolls royce of all photography jobs! So exciting! I love the first snap a lot though. Very nice. :)

oooh good luck for your papers love! xoxo

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

That is so exciting, re-entering the world of photography, black and white in the winter, and your dad's primo job-offer. This post makes me happy. Keep on truckin' girl... Christmas break is almost here!

missy. said...

love utah's mountains. such beautiful photos!

Paulina said...

great photos!!!!! That top one with the leaves is amazing :)

Rose Red said...

Great photos. I love taking pictures with film cameras.

Elizabeth said...

That first one is so perfect! And that bit about your dad and NG reminds me of the movie Bridges of Madison county. I love Robert Redford :)

our little love nest said...

wow! Loving these, Emily!! xoxo

Ro Ro Riot said...

These are nice. I think it's funny that film cameras are already considered an abnormal medium to use. Thanks for keeping it alive.

Courtney said...

great photos...have a lovely weekend!!!!

Linds said...

i love film. i love you.

Nicole Marie said...

so pretty! good luck finishing up!

SJ said...

These are so gorgeous! I can't wait to see more!

Damaris said...

just found your blog via sienna's blog. nice pictures. good luck with school. what are you studying.

Saskia said...

What gorgeous photos Emily. I love the first one especially!

When do you finish? Hopefully you don't have long to go now :)

xx