12.22.2009

why i love my city, reason #5,256

friday is date night (usually). we went to see the national christmas tree and strolled around the city. we took the circulator bus to georgetown... shopped and got cupcake. (read about my love for cupcake here and here.) the original cupcake has moved to a new location in georgetown. at first i was skeptical... but i think i love it.
to think i fell in love with this place over a year ago...
i always have to eat my cupcake cupcakes in half now because ben and i always split them like this :) p.s. the white chocolate peppermint was to die for!!!!
dear georgetown, i love you. i really do.
the obligatory on-the-train-ride-home shot. love you, dc.

oh and i wanted you to see i finished my red scarf! and the one ben is wearing is the first ever scarf i knit :)

14 comments:

Little Miss Tiara said...

oh my! :O CUPCAKES GALORE!
The white chocolate peppermint one... ohmygoooossshhh.. even the name makes me drool already! *is drooling here* ah ah ah... cuuupcaaakeess...

miss you! *hugs*

Jocelyn said...

those cupcakes look yummy! love the scarf too!

Minnie said...

My husband was alone in DC for his 30th birthday earlier this year so I wanted to send him a surprise. I know very little about DC other than—Emily loves Georgetown Cupcakes. So, I had cupcakes sent to his hotel room; which was perfect. Plus I made him bring two home on the plane. They were REALLY wonderful.

Rose Red said...

I love your city too! I can't wait to visit DC and have you show me around.

naomi megan. said...

the scarf looks so good emily!

georgetown cupcake really does beat all. we just shipped a bunch of boxes over to our fams in utah for the holidays. kind of wishing we would have shipped a dozen to our dc house too.... guess we'll just have to trek over to georgetown.


xoxo

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Thanks for the charming tour!
I've been to India, but haven't been to Georgetown! Shame on me...hee*
xo*

Courtney said...

Lovely tour!

PS: those scarves look awesome! Well done!

Saskia said...

Oooh, cupcake looks so fab-u-lous!! I'll have to visit it when we come next year :)

Have a fantastic Christmas & New Year.

Lots of love xx

Lizard said...

I haven't gone to Georgetown Cupcake's yet, but I absolutely plan to this winter break. Do you have any suggestions on what to get? ^__^

Elizabeth said...

Splitting cupcakes is too cute!

Nicole Marie said...

i want to visit dc so bad!!

Crystal Ball said...

I'm a cupcake lover and looking at these makes my mouth water. They look so beautiful and best of all they look SO good.

Wishing you and your hubby a Merry Christmas!

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful city! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

PS- I love that your hub is wearing a scarf that you knitted for him. Adorable.

Linds said...

mmm. cupcakes.

your scarves are beautiful.

i can't wait to see you. . . you're just down the street :)