2.09.2010

glad you're still with us...

truth be told... ben & i love technology :)

as i was running an errand on friday afternoon, which was the beginning of the snowpocalypse--- i got out my phone to look at the map (so i didn't get lost...) and well, my beloved phone/ipod/calendar/map/practically computer fell into a puddle.

so i turned it off. that's what you're supposed to do. then i tapped some of the water out. but i didn't get home for another 30-40 minutes because i was running an errand... so the little phone didn't make it to it's bed of rice until then. you're supposed to put your phone in rice if it gets wet. rice gets the moisture out.

i left her in the rice until sunday morning. and now she's working like a dream.

thank you little iphone. i love you and i promise to do my very very best to never drop you again. seriously.

14 comments:

Rose Red said...

I'm glad it still works! I've never heard of using rice, that's a great tip. Although, my phone is a piece, and I would welcome a reason to get a new one.

Receli said...

That is the scariest part of technology and winter... puddles. I dropped my phone in a little puddle a couple weeks ago... took it a part... wiped it dry... and then prayed... :) it worked.

CoreyandShanda said...

Oh cell phones...why must we always drop you!! I've been a wreck with my new phone so I won't ruin it. I probably should just get a cheapie! :)
Corey is currently in the snow as well doing training! I'm enjoying the sun, feel free to visit anytime!
Love you guys!

our little love nest said...

Love that you shared this. You have no idea how many times things like this happen to me. xo

abby said...

you are cute. i have the most awful, stone-age phone right now. sometimes i want to drop it in a puddle on purpose. but i have great aspirations for an iphone someday!

naomi megan. said...

that works? i need to remember that.

LENORENEVERMORE said...

so cute you!
oooh sometimes I can't keep up with all the new gadgets out there!

Nicole Marie said...

oh i didn't know that about the rice! good to know!

Adele said...

hhehe. i SO want an iphone! but knowing me, i'd probably kill it in a matter of months. have NEVER been good at caring for technology (: glad yours is working great again!

xo

shayna said...

Just tell the truth. You dropped it in the toilet. Or in the concrete mixer like Dad?

Ro Ro Riot said...

HA HA. That is so funny that it happened after that conversation we had at your house. I'm excited that the theories discussed then got some practical application.

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

phew. that was close! Love the rice idea.

Elizabeth said...

I had no idea you were supposed to do either of those things if you get your iPhone wet. Crazy. Now I know.

kELL and rOED said...

i've also heard somewhere warm, too. we always put in in rice on top of the fridge. (cause ours is old and it's hot on top) haha
glad it still works! my phone just recently sat in the snow for 15+ hours. it still works. unfortunately. i wanted a new one :(