2.26.2010

things i've learned this week [2]

  • honesty really is the best policy
  • i'm kind of a weak person because i don't have to deal with a lot of hard things like others do
  • i'm a little a.d.d. and i probably need to focus my efforts on one talent at a time
  • i will never be an olympic athlete
  • ben likes to plan, even more than i do (!!!)
  • i love hardwood floors but i hate the inevitable dust accumulation
  • i love having a gas stove
  • no matter how upset i am, ben can always make me smile
  • my homework load would seem lighter, if only i could read faster
  • latina women [pachucas] who wore zoot suits in the 1940s were staging a political revolution (wootwoot!)
  • men and women are very different (ok, i already knew that)
  • whenever i see a good wedding idea, i want to have another wedding party. maybe ben and i will have to do a revised reenactment every couple of years.

16 comments:

kELLO! said...

AAAMEN. to the hardwood floors one.
and the wedding one. i have GOT to stop following wedding photog blogs. it make me so jealous.

Megan Marie said...

no, you are not weak. just going through different things. i've often felt the same way though, when i've seen the horrendous burdens that others seem to carry so gracefully.

Sarah said...

I sure do love these posts. The last thing I think when I think of you Emily is "weak." No way! Exactly the opposite I suspect.

Have a fun, relaxing weekend. Looking forward to hearing about it Monday too. :)

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Such a great list.

Brittany said...

I love reading the things you learn. But, from what I know, you are not weak :)

happy weekend.

Rose Red said...

This is a great list. Your lucky to have someone who can always make you smile. I wish I could have a wedding every year. I love wedding dresses!

wishful nals said...

what a great list! i was married seventh months ago, and already dream of more wedding parties! :) ah, love!

our little love nest said...

This post made me feel like somehow I am not alone today.

Elizabeth said...

I don't think that makes you weak. You have no idea what sort of lion is inside you until something bad happens.

communikate. said...

yep. hardwood floors are impossible to keep/appear clean. i miss ours those!

good lessons learned this week though! ;)

Ro Ro Riot said...

If you do a wedding reenactment can we wear zoot suits?

Juliette Crane said...

i am so glad to have found your blog. thanks for sharing your story. and i absolutely love your foodie recipes on your other blog. o-my coconut shrimp tacos and smoothies! i am totally going to the kitchen to cook, right now! xo, juliette

Linds said...

i think we should all get another wedding party. i think we should focus on celebrating happy wonderful marriages all of the time!

Nicole Marie said...

i'm no where near getting married but i get so overwhelmed by all the wedding inspirations i dont think ill ever be able to figure out what i want for my wedding

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

I totally relate to the wedding thing. When I was engaged I kept creating tons of different weddings in my heads... I could have had about 7 different amazing weddings by the time I had to choose... one. haha :)

Crystal Ball said...

I had no idea that zoot suits were worn as a form of rebellion! How neat. Who knew your blog could be so neat and informative at the same time :)