3.26.2010

b&w holgas coupled with things i learned while in the dominican republic


  • hydration is very, very good

  • the caribbean sun is super intense

  • i LOVE hearing ben speak spanish, especially dominican spanish!!

  • i love learning about ben’s personality in spanish; he still cracks a lot of jokes and makes people laugh in spanish

  • the dominican diet (a term coined by ben) is definitely a rite-of-passage

  • when you drive in the d.r., brace yourself, just brace yourself. and don’t blink.

  • i really want to move to a tropical island. if it weren’t for malaria and dengue, we would’ve just stayed in the d.r.

  • ok, i do like the fact that i can brush my teeth with tap water in the u.s.

  • true vacation allows you to forget you work full time and go to school full time--- and things don’t stand still while you’re away

  • ben was only 19 when he moved to the d.r. and influenced so many lives for good. meeting the people he met and baptized into the lds church really made my heart happy. i’ve never loved ben more.

  • dominicans are beautiful. dominicans are energetic.
  • i just loved every minute. we can’t wait to go back.

  • and i learned a lot of other things too

13 comments:

Rhianne said...

I always love your photos and it sounds like you had an amazing time!

*Lesli* said...

What a great experience! Nice fish eye lens pics!

Sarah said...

Oh! I love the Holgas!! Beautiful!!

Things You Learned this week are wonderful. I love these posts. Did I say that already? ;)

Have a super weekend Emily!

Elizabeth said...

How neat that you noticed Ben's personality in another culture...very astute!

Linds said...

great post. i heart holgas. hydration is my favorite thing these days---even though it results in using the ladies room 400 times a day :)

our little love nest said...

I love your holga shots!! They are gorgeous! I want to move to the Dominican Republic myself regardless of all of the negatives....it is just too gorgeous and life is just more colourful there! xo

Megan Marie said...

beautiful images. it makes me really want to go there!

Brittany said...

mmm so pretty. i need to get myself a holga.

drollgirl said...

THESE SHOTS ARE GLORIOUS!! just magical and amazing!

cerealjoe said...

The B&W touch is great! I love these photos.

Rose Red said...

Amazing photos. Your trip sounds perfect.

Ro Ro Riot said...

Who is that hotty on the beach in her swimsuit? I learned that I don't like it when my friends are on vacation, even if I couldn't have hung out with them anyway.

Iva said...

these shots are so amazing!! I could stare forever at them...in fact I'm going back to look longer!!! sounds like you had a nice experience!! hope you are having a great weekend!!