3.22.2010

couldn't have asked for a better birthday...

first: my birthday was amazing. to me, birthdays are a really big deal--- and well, i think this year's fit what i needed just right.
second: i was able to meet people who knew ben before i even knew him, people who are happier and better because they know ben. for me, that meant SO MUCH.
third: we got ice cream. not just any ice cream, helados bon, the yummiest dominican style ice cream, ever.
see them here.
lastly: we got to the airport in the d.r. around 11:30 (last night) just in time for me to get the internet on my phone and receive the nicest emails, fb messages, comments and voicemails ever. this is something i really needed. i have just had the need for friends and people who say nice things as of late.

thanks all, it was perfect.

p.s. i can't wait to post some photos of our trip!! we really didn't want to come back. ever.

15 comments:

our little love nest said...

So happy you had a good one and if you say 24 just seems old ever again...I may not come back to your blog, missy. I am 40! (almost 41...so you can only imagine how old I felt after reading your previous post...aaah) ;)
xoxo

♥ Katinka said...

I'm so happy for you :)

Brittany said...

can't wait to see your photos! i'm glad your bday was wonderful.

abby said...

you think 24 is old- i'm TWENTY-SIX now. blech. and my birthday is today so we're just one day off. but clearly this time of the year is special. march is special. i'm glad you got to have an awesome trip (and in my neck of the woods/ocean!)

ahlin said...

fun! my brother served his lds mission in the dominican republic and he loved it!

sounds like a great birthday!

Cassandra said...

a belated happy birthday to you!

ice cream = pure goodness

Megan Marie said...

oh my goodness, you are the most beautiful woman ever. love this photo.

Peggy said...

yea! you are back; so-o happy and glad you had such a wonderful birthday and trip. Hugs and kisses, "most beautiful woman ever."

LENORENEVERMORE said...

so happy for you dear~
much blessings!
ps: I scream for ice cream!!!

xo

Sarah said...

Vacations do that to me too - I never want to come back! SOOOOOOO very glad your birthday was wonderful Emily, and your trip too! I can't wait for you to post pictures either! teehee :)

Rose Red said...

Happy Birthday friend! I'm glad you had a great vacation, I can't wait to see all the pictures.

ps. you look so pretty with your golden glow :)

shayna said...

But you're really pretty in that picture. You look like a barbie. Happy Birthday Barbie!!

Farah said...

Happy birthday my dear! Sorry I'm a wee bit late! xoxo

7upkels said...

happy (belated) birthday!! you look beautiful in that photo and I hope your trip to the DR is as fabulous as it looks!!

Shevaun said...

I so wish I could have been with you on your B-day. I love looking on your blog at all of the wonderful pictures. Miss you guys so much. Love you tons. I will send you another letter soon. muah.