3.17.2010

how do you describe audrey as coco?

we rented coco avant chanel the other night. and i loved it. was it because i love audrey (my favorite film EVER is amelie)? or because i love how she portrayed coco?

and also i loved coco's view on clothing. she basically was the first designer to make clothing for women inspired by men's clothing--- like pants and things that are comfortable. and i love comfort. i mean, i do love my skirts and dresses, but not so much when it comes to corsets and incessantly wearing heels. now i really want to get over my love/hate relationship with my sewing machine and just make things and revitalize some of my clothing. hmmm, we'll see.

here i go again with wanting to conquer everything...

images found here and here.

12 comments:

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Wasn't it amazing how she just drew out patterns? Ahh amazing. Love this movie, and audrey!

Cassandra said...

You can do it! Going to have to rent this one this weekend...wondering if my hubs will tolerate it :)

our little love nest said...

I wish I could have a hope of being talented in the sewing/designing end of life! I need to rent this, while Don is busy this weekend. xo

kELLO! said...

i just watched priceless (hors de prix- i think is the french name) the other night and fell in love with her. she is adorable.

Little Miss Tiara said...

oh girl, audrey is so awesome! I love every piece of her, and coco chanel? should I say something about her design? *sigh* lol. :D

and I love that I'm not the only one wants to conquer everything, haha

7upkels said...

i have mostly a hate/hate relationship with any sewing thing, but i promised myself i'm overcoming it this summer and will sew my own homemade dress!! we'll do it together!

ps. i still have to see this movie!

Rose Red said...

She absolute perfection!

ahlin said...

i love her! she is seriously so lovely

shayna said...

Love your sewing machine. Stop fighting. I just bought an eighties dress from Twice Upon a Time and took out the shoulder pads. Does that intrigue you? Let's meet in the middle.

Emily Anne said...

Oh it was such a wonderful movie. Audrey is my favourite...and Amelie remains in my top 5 movies of all time.

Coco Avant Chanel gave me serious stripey shirt envy. I am still hunting for the perfect one.

xo

Brittany said...

i loved this movie. i love how coco just dressed how she wanted to.

Elizabeth said...

You can do it...but I think it will always be love/hate. I start a project loving it, hate it the whole long process, and love the finished product. It can't be helped :)