4.11.2010

el templo. santo domingo. la republica.

i felt like this would be a very sunday appropriate post.

when we were in the dominican republic, we were able to stay at and visit the lds temple (here). and it was very special for us, for many reasons, but mostly because the santo domingo temple was very special to ben in his formative years... and you know how those things just sort of stick with you.
and it's an amazing location of the city. meaning, it's smack dab in the middle of the city but it is this small little haven, where there is little to no craziness.
it was peaceful and lovely. and i loved it.

did i mention we want to go back to the d.r.? hehe.

9 comments:

Linds said...

a little bit of heaven.

i'm so glad that you were able to visit the d.r. and i think you should go back :) with me ;) and be my tour guide!

The Proctor Group said...

That's really neat! Paul still needs to take me to Argentina. There are lots of places we need to go...

Ro Ro Riot said...

Those pictures were like watching one of those time lapse segments in a documentary. Coolio.

sarahowens said...

Oh I love the last one especially. What an amazing place. The pictures mean all the more when you describe them like that.

LOL, yes you mentioned it!! I hope you do go back ASAP! Yay for us readers!!!

Elizabeth said...

There it is! I love how important things are to you because they are important to him...so sweet.

shayna said...

Ah yes, 'the big house.' I like that place.

Ben said...

It is pretty awesome!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Beautiful. There is nothing better then a temple with palm trees.... that is just my opinion :)

Rose Red said...

Amazing photos! Were you able to do a session? I've always wanted to visit a foreign temple.