5.28.2010

a day in san diego

we visited san diego, california on wednesday. i do love that place. i especially love the pretty lds temple there, which we got to visit. unfortunately, the temple is under construction right now. but it was still beautiful to me.what the temple looks like right now--- and what it looks like usually [2nd photo via]
i had to get a shot of ben and dave (dad) because they look so cute in their bow ties. dave is the ultimate bow tie man (ben doesn't remember ever seeing him in a regular tie).
we also got to visit the mormon battalion visitors center--- where we got all educated about some of our peeps--- mormons who marched (during the mexican-american war) from iowa to san diego and eventually helped build san diego. we were all feeling proud. read more about it here.
and pinkberry. yep.
and well a ben family trip wouldn't be complete without a baseball game. the ben fam does love sports, but especially loves a good baseball game.

lovely family outing.

and lovely friday. happy day to all.

12 comments:

Brittany said...

love these photos. family is wonderful.

Rhianne said...

it has to be said - Ben has the most amazing t shirts :)

Have a great weekend!

Linds said...

it looks like the temple has head-gear.

i've never been to sandy eggo. looks like a blast.

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

So awesome, loove seeing pictures of your time together!

Len♥reNeverM♥re said...

Cheers to a good life!
I must check out your foodie blog...how could I have missed it all along?!
xo

Jessica Lynn said...

I definitely went to the Mormon battallian vc as well when I was there a month ago. Wasn't it great how they talked to the portraits? haha, a little much for me but I loved mining for gold.

7upkels said...

the bowtie is awesome and the san diego temple is one of my favorites, i think. so, so beautiful! it's a perfect reminder of how wonderful families are. have a happy weekend!

ahlin said...

i love all your socal pics! i actually lived there in the san diego area until i was 14 when my family moved to st george. these posts make me want to visit!

and i love the padres! i went to many a baseball game... i'm glad you're having so much fun! :)

shayna said...

I spy...one of the best pictures I've ever seen of you and Ben. Can you guess which one?

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

Ooooh my hometown! I am in San Diego right now actually :)
Looks like fun, but then again, it is San Diego, so of course it would be!

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

p.s. my family is going to the Mormon Battalion center today! haha We have been a million times, but not since it has been newly renovated!

MyLittlePhotographs said...

your hubby is wearing the cutest bowtie, EVER! lol and I'm happy you had some pinkberry, California wouldn't be the same without pinkberry