5.26.2010

i have a thing for rainbows

dan (brother), joe (brother), katie (sister), ben, linda (mom) and christina (sis-in-law). approximately ten years ago i purchased my first pair of rainbow sandals. they were beautiful brown leather. i felt this purchase would for sure optimize my coolness because my brother, brandon had owned a pair of rainbows for as long as i could remember and i pretty much always idolize(d) all of my siblings.

the rainbow outlet/factory in san clemente, california is the best [and only place :)] to buy rainbows. the prices are low and the atmosphere is fun.

in hindsight, i also feel because i possessed and wore rainbows when ben and i first met and dated--- ben loved me even more because of it (because ben too has been wearing rainbows for a long time). so long story short,

we love us some rainbows.

do you also have any sentimental attachment to inanimate objects?

12 comments:

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Ahhh I love them. I'm on my third pair since early high school!

shayna said...

I really have a sentimental attachment to food. P.S. really great first picture, I just wanted to jump out and lay down on those sandals.

Ally said...

I know exactly what you mean...except my attachment is to reefs...

kELLO! said...

ahahaha those pictures are so cute!
and i.love.rainbows.

Linds said...

i have a thing for chacos. i agree with shayna, let's all take a nap in those things, they look so comfy.

MissAlyssa said...

i love love love rainbows but i have a huge love for anything volcom too!!

sienna said...

that one of ben with the big slipper is hilarious.

Gustogirl said...

I remember loving my first car. I mean really loving it. And it was nothing to look at. Bright Green and 15 years old. However, I still have a fondness in my heart for that old trap!

Em & Gar said...

I really like the new blog layout/format/design thing. Looks good. and I liked the bemily story, very cute picture and story. and of course, I too, heart rainbows. :)

communikate. said...

that ginourmous shoe is awesome!!

p.s.. i didn't realize your height difference with your hubby until now! ;) graham is a good foot taller than me as well!

Caroline said...

I do as well!! Love rainbows! xo

Bridget said...

i have rainbows and love them too-- they are the best flip flop ever.