5.18.2010

weekend projects = productive

i had a few projects this weekend... but one of them was...

i developed my first two rolls of color film. i've done black&white before... but color is a little more complicated. needless to say, i was nervous and stressed. but darnit, it all turned out really well. flustered, yet relieved, emily (yes, i'm standing in the shower)
ben by diana mini
blossoms by diana mini
tidal basin blossoms by diana mini
these last six were taken with a disposable camera (!!!) i was quite impressed with these too.

even though the developing process is tricky, i am really looking forward to doing more. it's a really nice project for me. and it just makes me appreciate film and the whole process more.

10 comments:

Rhianne said...

You developed your own film?? You are my hero :) I have the kit for developing some but no chemicals, boo. I even have an enlarger for printing some photos but it all seems quite scary...

shayna said...

Oh dad is going to be so proud. "That's my little girl," he'll say. But I just think you're bomb. Way to use your skills.

Michemily said...

I haven't developed since junior high, and that was just black and white. How cool!

Anna said...

nice! the tree and the baseball stadium especially look like you had them done professionally! I would be way too scared/lazy to ever develop my own film but it looks like fun ;)

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

Wow! I haven't developed any since college and they NEVER turned out well.

Yours are wonderful!

MyLittlePhotographs said...

Great pictures! It's always fun going back to film cameras, or disposable. It's been a little while since I've done that.

Elizabeth said...

Everything looks wonderful! And so does your relieved/frustrated face :)

April said...

How pretty!

naomi megan. said...

wow! you really did it! congrats girl. these turned out lovely.

communikate. said...

wow! how cool! graham's been wanting to get his own dark room for ages. i'm inspired now!