6.24.2010

curing my euro woes :: our honeymoon

con te partiro (ben&emily's honeymoon) from emily blythe.

this is an oooh pooor meeee post (sort of).

lately i've been really sad we are not going to europe this summer. we went the last two summers. and before that i visited in 2007 and i lived there in 2005. so i've been spoiled, i know. and we've been on a lot of great trips so far this year. so i should stop complaining.
i know, i'm spoiled.

so in order to help get over my woes... i put together our honeymoon posts because i never did properly blog them. a link to the "honeymoon" label is here. there are about 11 posts.

i also put together the above video (i'm a complete novis at video making). ben and i are now kicking ourselves for not taking more videos on our honeymoon!! silly us.

the video is set to "con te partiro" by: andrea bocelli. two reasons:
1/ our dear friend jeanne sang this song to us the night of our wedding, just before we left on our honeymoon. the song title literally means "with you i part"--- it's a love song. the english version deceives many because it's translated to "time to say goodbye."
2/ the first part of our honeymoon we were on a meditteranean cruise. each time we left a port, the cruise ship played this song. it makes my heart smile.

13 comments:

shayna said...

Ah yes, a pretty lady and a good song always makes me want to jump on a ship and sail to Europe.

sarahowens said...

How much do I love THIS?!? Ahem. A LOT.

Em & Gar said...

maybe I died a little on the france part. maybe.

Caroline said...

I feel the same way!!! My hubby and I were suppose to go this Summer but we postponed our trip to visit family in France till next June. Love the video .... keep them coming! xo

communikate. said...

Europe for you honeymoon? I don't feel sorry for you one little bit lady!

Only kidding.

I know. I've been to Euro every five years for the last ten and I'm ITCHING to go so bad. I think I might just need to sneak in a trip to the Olympics in 2012 in London and hit up Paris and Prague. Yep. Done deal!

Bridget said...

oh you lucky duck - well you can live vicariously through me... the girl who hasn't been to italy!

our little love nest said...

Yes you definitely are Spoiled!! I've never been...one day....maybe! Beautifully done video. So curious as to what Ben said at the end. "Egyptian rat screwed" was what I thought he said..HA! You guys are too fun! xo

Little Miss Tiara said...

Oooo... I saw you with short haair!!! :D haha... and why id Ben's nail look green in the later part of the video? haha, and he was sleepy? xD

I love this video, you make me want to go to europe even more, aahh... pretty places!

MyLittlePhotographs said...

aww what a great idea to cheer you up a little. You have definitely been spoiled (in a good way) I can't wait to visit Europe one day!

sienna said...

i'm glad you know that you're spoiled. looks like you had a fun honeymoon. i've been wanting to go back and edit all our random videos. you've inspired me to make the time to actually do it.

Mandy said...

Okay, that was so adorable.

Even though we aren't going to Europe, it made me so excited for mine!

Peggy said...

Good job on the video.I loved the bocelli with it. You just keep expanding your talents. It was shocking and fun to see you with short hair again. You are just cute no matter what the hair do.

kELLO! said...

um.. i totally kick roed's ace at egyptian ratscrew. he's just not very fast :) cute video.