6.10.2010

our non-alcoholic happy hour

ever since our anniversary dinner this year, we can't stop thinking about the special lemonade at zatinya.

really it's called sparkling lemonade and it's this non-alcoholic concoction of lemonadey sparkly goodness.
and i don't usually like lemonade. but this special stuff has just the right amount of zing for me.

so this is our non-alcoholic happy hour or mezze ora as they call it.

the sparkling lemonade must be paired with some fried squid (calamari). i pretty much order calamari every time i see on a menu these days.

ever since we were spain last year (here and here). sigh. what i've give to be there now...

8 comments:

Caroline said...

I love mixing fresh lemonade with sparkling water, throwing in a sprig of mint and crushed ice and I have the perfect drink. And I soooo agree with you calamari is perfect with fresh sparkling lemonade! xo

shayna said...

That's right, fry anything up right and I'll chose it every time.

Rose Red said...

Sounds so yummy, and fun.

MyLittlePhotographs said...

I'm obsessed with all things lemons right now. It's so refreshing in this hot weather

Linds said...

i'm always in for a good zing :) it looks extra refreshing.

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

Sounds delicious and yummy! I want to try it now!

Courtney said...

I think I would have to order both of those tasty bits if I saw them on a menu in my town!

Bridget said...

i LOVE fried calamari so much. but i think what i love most is the fried part than the calamari. i don't think i'd be ordering non fried calamari off a menu. whatever, i love it.

(i thought your header might've been from italy. and my gosh it looks spectacular).