8.02.2010

the family cabin in all its beauty

with my mammawith sister shayna
all. of. us.
there are a lot of us now. i couldn't be happier about that.

top (l2r): ben, me, shayna, eric, mom, dad, grandma, husband royce
bottom (l2r): brandon, brooklyn, edee holding addyson, eunnie holding paige, paul holding little paul, kristen holding jane, annie, sam and alan



after our time in utah, ben and i made it up to our family's cabin in idaho. it is on the beautiful cascade lake. the weather was lovely--- just warm enough that swimming in the cold lake was super refreshing. i haven't swam that much in the lake in years... it really made me happy and renewed my love for swimming.
i used to be the little "fish" of the family. now i want to regain my title.
i get so bummed when family time is over but i felt like it all was worth it and just the right amount of time to hold me over until i see my family again.

15 comments:

Cassandra said...

gorgeous! that last photo of the whole fam is especially awesome!

The Yellow Door Paperie said...

So beautiful! You and the family. O and the scenery. Just the way to spend vacation with all your loves!

Minnie said...

So beautiful! I was jealous when I heard my mom got to hang out with you guys--she had so much fun!

shayna said...

I'm pretty sure we should have had a couple more days together. I could have eaten at least 3 more boxes of graham crackers.

Alison said...

well gee, i recognize that place! i just love camping in cascade!

laden backpack said...

the pics are great, the company was without peer and the place is still there. as we all work, sleep, live and move about our lives the sun comes up over the lake and bathes it in golden beauty and travels slowly overhead untill it settles behind west mountain at the end of another day. it is a timeless place and we love it. thanks for the picture memories. lbp

our little love nest said...

Incredible photos!! Making my heart all ache-y to be back home with my family. xo

Receli said...

I love the pics! It looks so beautiful! YEAH for family time!

MyLittlePhotographs said...

The top picture has made me sooooo hungry right now, and It's definitely too late for me to start eating :(

CoreyandShanda said...

Miss that place! It has been years since I've been up. Shall we get the entire family together someday?
Love you guys!

Bridget said...

that looks like heaaaaaven.

i am currently on lake winnipesaukee in nh-- i love lake-living.

Courtney said...

favorite part about the family photo (other than all the smiling faces): the dock is almost under water! haha!!

kELLO! said...

you and your mom are adorable and that picture of you too is my favorite. I DEFINITELY need to find this place on our road trip out west next summer :) :) :)

kELLO! said...

you two* pardon my grammar. ;) haha

Megan Marie said...

love this. so happy.