8.25.2010

road side produce in delaware

"it's our business doing pleasure with you"
on our way back from camping near the beach with the ponies, ben and i stopped at a produce stand in delaware.

of course we picked the one called, naked farmers produce--- we didn't actually plan that, we just picked one of about a hundred. the farmer guy there was awesome and sold us some incredibly delicious asian pears and juicy peaches for a very good price.

mostly i just loved meeting the farmer guy, with no shirt on, a few teeth missing and a perma-tan. i felt like i got a little slice of delaware culture from meeting him.

10 comments:

shayna said...

Well I guess it's "No shirt, no shoes, yes on service." Bad joke, bad joke, bad joke.

Anna said...

hahha that is the most hilarious sign. and those pears are soooo pretty! I am eating fresh farmers market peaches every single day because the season ends WAY too soon!

Emma Jade said...

"it's our business doing pleasure with you" thats a little creepy.. but great all the same!

laden backpack said...

I think the farmer has a wry sense of humor that is designed to shock people just enough to get them to stop. His products are good and the humor is acceptable all of these factors are part of the overall master marketing plan designed and executed by corporate. smart guy

Kristin said...

Just found your blog today, and what a lovely visit I've had! Love your photos...and I live (sort of) in your neck of the woods too (SWVA)! Look forward to getting to know you better...~Kristin from Windy Poplars

Brittany said...

i love fresh fruit stands. the fruit is always sweeter and more crisp.

and thank you for all your sweet comments about my little trip. your suggestions were so perfect and helpful (we did everything on your list)! i really just love that city.

Mandy said...

Those pears look absolutely amazing. I wish I could depict a roadside market as beautifully as you.

It is talent girl.

our little love nest said...

Ha! Love that name. Those pears look delicious...I have been craving pears and none of our markets seem to have any. :(

communikate. said...

ooh looks like fun!

Linds said...

I wish I had a perma-tan.