9.13.2010

boeuf bourguignon

last night's dinner was boeuf bourguignon for my usual back-to-school-special-home-cooked-dinner.
and homemade gelato for dessert, of course.

ben made the back-to-school dinner, like usual. and maybe i helped.

the boeuf is just as fantastic as julia child says it is. it was "fun and delicious" as ben said.
i say, it was great to cook together--- especially something that takes a while and that's a team project. i think anything that takes over an hour is considered fancy.

as a really good song says, "you warm me up like beef stew."

see the other back-to-school dinners here and here.

13 comments:

Anna said...

i spy signore basilico! hahaha. Homemade gelato???!!! Do you use an ice cream maker??

Receli said...

delicious and lovely!!!!

Emily said...

yum! i love your green pot! absolutely great.

p.s. what did you use instead of wine for the boeuf bourguignon?

Cassandra said...

yum. love all those pops of green in these photos!

shayna said...

Oh Paul Jacobsen is going to be so excited to get a shout out.

Anna said...

gelato maker = something I HAVE TO HAVE!!! what brand is it? how do you go about acquiring one?

Anna said...

...besides having a wedding registry haha...

Anna said...

ok I found your gelato post, disregard previous excited comments. It does look like a good wedding registry gift though; I shall use it as a bribe to get a ring on this finger buaahaha. Sorry for the comment mania! ;)

communikate. said...

I still can't get over the fact that you have a homemade gelato maker!

Great tradition!

laden backpack said...

next time I do hot dogs I am gonna do them in a green bowl with some nice greens on them, maybe mint from the side of a mountain stream. hope I get a bunch of comments like you did. good job Ben, you make guys like me look really bad.

Bridget said...

yum... when i saw the title of the post i totally said it in the julia childs voice.

Linds said...

fancy.

i'm drooling a little on donovan's head. he's laying in my lap.

Peggy said...

Ben,or should I call you Julia [jk],-- you are so great!! What a lovely tradition. I'm coming for the! You can even eat the dishes!