11.01.2010

rally to restore sanity and/or fear

my viewben's view

the rally to restore sanity and/or fear was super crazy on saturday. cbs says there were 250,000 people there. that doesn't surprise me.

ben and i were a little disappointed because we couldn't hear some of what was going on because we were too far back. we mostly felt bad for all the people that came so far to dc that couldn't hear either. oh well.

everyone seemed to wonder what the rally was actually about... i think a lot of people were happy to come and rally with a bunch of other people--- to know they are not alone.
and
i really liked the end of the rally when jon stewart talked about being open minded and being accepting of other people and accepting other views you may not agree with.

even though that is hard to do... it's good to live by.

8 comments:

laden backpack said...

I read about this in the news from various sources. I would assume that it wouldn't be unreasonable for Jon Stewart to practice what he preached at the rally. That would probably make it all the more credible. Glad you had a nice time. A rally is always fun.

Cassandra said...

Hubs and I saw something about Cat Stevens making an appearance? But then it looked like he got interupted? It was all rather strange looking from what we were able to see, and we wondered if it was real??

ben said...

"i'm straight and I like glee, I'm also a Mormon who likes Jay-Z"

shayna said...

I think Ben sees a totally different world than I see. How's the weather up there?

ben said...

p.s. I was holding the camera high above my head.. . . I am not actually 7 feet tall

Peggy said...

I think it is great that the rally had so much news coverage. Other rallies there recently have had very large crowds and very little media coverage.

MyLittlePhotographs said...

ohhh you went! I'm so jealous, they were here on Saturday but I had to work :(

Linds said...

there aren't too many rallies in logan. well i guess there are the guys that stand on main street every friday with LOVE not WAR signs. not really the same.