1.13.2011

i think i like developing my own film

self portrait. tidal basin. september 2010.
mon montréal. september 2010.
sisters in montréal. september 2010.
lovely rowhouses. montréal. september 2010.
lovely dc. september 2010.
meridian hill park, dc. september 2010.
fall in dc. october 2010.
hitsville (aka motown)... detroit, october 2010.

today i developed some more film. it's been a long time. it's a hard process but i think i really like it. especially when the film turns out well...

i put off developing for a while because i psyche myself out.

but... i like to have projects like this. it's good for me to take breaks from research and writing and do things like blog, clean, develop film, projects around the house.
there is always something.

so yes. i love film. and the little diana mini.

16 comments:

laden backpack said...

looks like the film gremlins messed
around with your colors and came up with some amazing stuff. I love developing film. When it comes out of the can the images reflect a permanence about life that is only fleeting in the reality of the passage of time. Great therapy, developing film.

communikate. said...

These are the coolest!!!

Sarah said...

I wish I knew the process for developing film, because I so love the images from it. I agree, these are the coolest! Love the tones, love, love, love.

Mandy said...

I want to learn so badly. My pictures never turn out with a digital. I am seriously impressed!

C said...

bob has a darkroom downstairs. he seems to like b/w best, but it has been a while since he's done it too. there is something about the creation/creative end of it.

Alycia (Crowley Party) said...

love these images :)

Caroline said...

I love the first photo!! PRETTY PRETTY LADY! xo

annalyn said...

It must be interesting to learn how to develop your own film, that will save me time of going and waiting at walmart.



annalyn

shayna said...

Well gosh, you have a pretty sister.

shayna said...

But why doesn't she ever look at the camera?

Peggy said...

Gosh, you do have a pretty sister. That picture is so great of you both. And the tree with the heavenly lighting. I love it and you.

Peggy said...

That is a really fine self portrait too. You are amazing.

Bridget said...

very cool girl!

Stacey Sargent said...

Ohhh I love these photos so much! I need NEED NEED to take more photos with my film cameras!

kELLO! said...

you and your sister are so pretty :)

Megan Marie said...

those turned out so cool.