4.04.2011

the annual beautiful blossoms of the district

cherry blossoms


my favorite.
ben is just so cute smelling the blossoms

i really look forward to the dc blossoms each spring. and so do a billion tourists.

i wasn't really about to brave the tidal basin crowds this year so ben and i visited the national arboretum...
one of my favorite -in dc- getaways. so gorgeous and so under appreciated because so many people don't go out of their way to see it.

and i really prefer the magnolias. i think they might be my favorite tree flower ever.

i felt a lot of happiness walking around the trees with ben... knowing that maybe spring is finally here.

see our other blossom adventures: 2009 and 2010.

12 comments:

Rhianne said...

I need to take my Mum there, Magnolia's are her favourite :) I wish we had more blossoms like that over here...

Adele said...

so jealous! i second rhianne..i wish we had more in england too! (: i can't imagine how beautiful it must be (: xo

Maggy said...

gorgeous! it never ceases to amaze me that a new spring season never gets old, it's ALWAYS exciting :)

communikate. said...

gorgeous. gorgeous!

p.s. i've never seen a magnolia tree until moving here. i'm smitten.

miss lex: said...

Oooh I'm jealous! Looks amazing!

P.s. Your outfit is adorable!!

laden backpack said...

I want to go backpacking
amid the trees festooned
with glorious blooms.

Ruth said...

I've been to DC so many times to visit my sister, but I've never seen the arboretum! Looks like I'll have to make it a priority next time :)

Bridget said...

true that, magnolia trees are awwwwwesome.

shayna said...

I want to live in a magnolia tree. With you and some cheese.

Cassandra said...

beautiful, yes you are, and the flowers too!!!

Receli said...

I love it!!!! So gorgeous!! :)

Linds said...

you are beautiful. and if you haven't guessed i'm just sitting here thinking about you and figured it was about time i got all of my comments in order.

i like looking back at your other adventures.