4.19.2011

just me and my lover friend.

i don't have much commentary for these photos except...

sometimes it just seems so right to just take a leisurely walk around downtown dc--- make funny comments about tourists, visit our favorite spots and just talk about whatever we feel like.

sometimes it's incredible to think about the fact that i live with my best friend, i'm in love with my best friend and i'm married to him too.

and you know how there are just moments when everything just seems like it's aligning and it will all work out? sounds so cliché... but it happens to you too right?

everything just seems to work out once
you know the diagonal and one way streets in dc,
you know all the metro lines and directions,
you know all the hot spots (and know when to go and when not to),
you know that lucky strike bowling alley is always busy on the weekends and you actually have to make a reservation,
you know that on pretty much any given weekend there will be road closures

you know you're glad you took that plunge in june of 2008 to move to a place you were unsure of and didn't have any real connection to.

and it's just going to be ok.

11 comments:

Rhianne said...

yeay for love, best friends, living in amazing places and being happy :)

I love this post!

laden backpack said...

Great kids those ones who live in dc. Such a fine adventure at such a good time of life. Best friends are always best. Great post

Cassie said...

you two are cuties.

love your shoes!

shayna said...

Woah, you look fancy for a walk downtown. I will now address you as "Fancy Sister."

Caroline said...

I love this post!

Maggy said...

i really appreciate this, it's a true sign that waiting is always worthwhile.

Courtney said...

love walks and talks and being married to our besties.....

Peggy said...

Yea! My lover is my best friend and my husband too.
You two are so cute and your words profound.

kELLO! said...

if i visit you better not make funny comments about me, ya hear?

also- it took me a long time to figure out that hand on your hip. i was like, "man hands!" and couldn't figure out how your arm was bent like that then i saw bens missing arm and came to the realization that that is his man hand. not yours. :) problem solved.

Linds said...

funny comment about man hands. totally makes me think of bossypants. which i'm thoroughly enjoying.

i'm glad everything is working out just right for you two. you deserve it.

Jennifer M. said...

Ahhh. You guys are so cute!!