5.05.2011

in the park that is central

while i was browsing manhattan's upperwestside last week, i sat and strolled through central park amidst the amazing spring weather.

i felt so happy watching all the people coming and going... all the young children, all the nannies and mothers... all the old people. bikers. people with dogs. everyone was out and rediscovering nyc after a long winter.

i loved all the green. and the kids learning to skate. and all the strollers in a row.
my afternoon being with sienna and bo and a stroller---
i thought, how do parents who live in big cities do it? there is a good chance i'll be a city mom in the very distant future... and well... how will i do it? how will ben and i do it?

so those were my thoughts. and i think parks-spring-sunshine-birdschirping-and-playgrounds are very conducive to such thoughts.

8 comments:

laden backpack said...

I Love watching people in the park because most of the time I do it sitting down. It is one of the few
times in my life when I am outside,
doing something I like and sitting down, relaxing. Love it.
Parks are always nice. I think they should turn wolves loose in central park and that might help New Yorkers to better understand the wolf problem in the west.wow, that was a random thought.

kELLO! said...

i think you should make the very distant future into the very soon future. i think everyone should get to be pregnant with me :) haha

i like that 'rediscovering nyc after a very long winter' line

Peggy said...

It is lovely to have an island green and growing in the middle of the asphalt jungle and the prettiest flower is you.

Peggy said...

It is lovely to have an island green and growing in the middle of the asphalt jungle and the prettiest flower is you.

Brittany said...

I've been craving a good NYC visit. Central Park looks heavenly. I'm so jealous of your travels!

Autumn said...

I love people watching....oh, and spring-time.

sienna said...

someday in the very distant future, you'll be a great city mom! i just know it. you were so great at helping me and i so appreciated it. yay for spring! (and only a month or so until we get to see you again.)

Jennifer M. said...

Oooh that looks so lovely! I would love to visit NYC. It looks so amazing and beautiful. :)

Also... I just wanted to let you know I've given you a Versatile Blogger award!! Check out my blog for the "rules" of this award. :)

Just Jen