6.29.2011

the sweetest kids who melt our hearts

for the past year and a half, we have been so lucky to teach the 5, 6 and 7 year olds that come to church with us.

not all of the sweet kids we've taught are pictured--- i love each of them so much.

we won't be teaching them anymore, but i have felt really happy to have had the opportunity to teach them.
(actually, i cried when i told them we wouldn't be teaching them anymore, but that's probably because i have uncontrollable emotions, these days. still.)

yes it's really difficult to get them to sit still and listen sometimes
and yes it's hard to teach intense gospel ideas and foundational knowledge to young children...

but with just enough activities, jumping jacks, repetition and bathroom breaks,
we feel like maybe, just maybe these kids have learned something from us

or rather, we've learned from them.

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh man. They are adorable. Leaving a great calling is so hard sometimes.

And it's fine, I cry at everything too.

shayna said...

I can't get enough of kids with glasses. Remember your super sweet glasses that you wore for a couple of days?

Em & Gar said...

you need to send me your pointers and secrets on teaching kids. We just got called to primary and I'm totally terrified. I'm still in laurel's mode. Which, speaking of which, I totally feel for you on the sadness/crying thing. I was balling my eyes out in the announcements part of young women's before we even seperated for classes. I almost couldn't even get the words out to tell them I was moving. Ummm...emotionally unstable much? :) Every Sunday I still just sit and think about my girls and wonder what they are doing. Annnnnd miss them like crazy. So this post made me feel so much better about primary. Tell me more good things k? :)

communikate. said...

yep. i think we learn more from them, then they learn from us.

cute kids.

hanner said...

dddaaawwwww, all those kids make my heart burst with happiness. we are so lucky to have such awesome kids in our ward. and e's red glasses!! she is such a cutie.

kELLO! said...

that little girl in the front in the glasses!
snatch her up!

Anna said...

Awwwww so cute! One of my mini-goals is to teach Sunday school with myBen someday.

Jennifer M. said...

Ahhh! I love teaching this age group. I used to teach Sunday School and the young kids were always my favorite. They have such a sweetness to them and are always so eager to learn. :)