10.24.2011

i took my boo to boo at the zoo

every weekend in october, the bronx zoo hosts boo at the zoo.

so people can come dressed up in their halloween costumes to the zoo. and there are a bunch of halloween activities and fun going on.

we took the quick trek to the zoo. and saw the pretty animals. and the cute costumes (like the green lantern with a captain america shield? confusing).

i like zoos. even though we are like adults we still enjoy "kids' stuff" --- we're not ashamed.

i mean, who doesn't appreciate a gorgeous peacock, up close and personal?

p.s. and it was also nice to see so many kids in one place. you can go weeks without seeing small kids in manhattan. no joke.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

what? and where IS YOUR COSTUME, YOUNG LADY? Hee. Just kidding. I took my kiddos to our boo at the zoo a couple of years ago. It was so chaotic, I don't think I'll ever go back. 1 day + tiny zoo + every little kid in the city = me having a panic attack trying to keep track of my munchkins...

Brittany said...

I actually think I like the zoo more now that I'm older? I went through a teenage period of hating zoos. No one know what my problem was.

Also, you look fabulous in green.

shayna said...

You look so grown up. It must be because you have a job.

Linds said...

Tiga. Tiga. Tiga.

I had plans to go to our zoo this past weekend, but the Denter crew was super sick. I'm living vicariously through your pictures :)

ahlin said...

zoo! i love the zoo. and boo at the zoo sounds so awesome. way to take advantage of cool events. that's something i'm trying to work on...

kELLO! said...

holy smokes! you look so pretty!

we have a teeny little zoo here and they do boo at the zoo. it's supa cute.