1.03.2012

giordano's chi-cah-go layover

on our way home from utah to nyc - we had a three hour layover in chicago (the midway airport that is actually in chicago proper).
so of course, of course we checked our bags in utah (which we almost never do), i carried the frame around everywhere (the one my parents gave us for the painting my mom created) and we walked the 30 minutes round-trip to the famous giordano's.

i'd never been to chicago before (still not sure if my two hour stint really counts) and i had never had chicago style deep dish pizza. mmm. pizza.

it was good to get out of the airport and have an experience-type-meal because if i am stuck in an airport too long i get a.s.s. - airport.stress.syndrome. (ha)

thanks for the new years eve date, ben.

10 comments:

Cassie said...

That pizza is making my stomach grumble.

I haven't flown for some years now. I suffer from airport stress syndrome every time. Not a nervous flier...just a nervous everything up until I'm on the plane.

Emily said...

I love that you did this. I need to remember to do this more. I think I get a.s.s. just being there and then thinking about leaving and the possibility of missing my flight. Next time, I'm bouncing. :) I'm happy to see Ben's representing Patagonia! And that is one adorable picture of you in the frame. I think it be a new profile pic? :) xo

Brittany said...

Bahaha. The frame. The things we'll do for pizza. And great cities. Happy new year Emily!

communikate. said...

holy pizza! that looks awesome. i've never been to chicago either. of my best friends lives out there now, and i hope to break my chicago virginity soon. :)

laden backpack said...

flew to chicago once with Peggy to go to a metal building manufacturers conference. I saw everything there was to see in the conference in a few hours and we spent the rest of the time in chicago. The EL was great, the food was great and the people of chicago were as friendly as any we had ever met. Everyone was helpful and willing to give you directions or whatever you needed. No pizza, though, looks like we missed the best of chicago.

shayna said...

I love pizza.

caroline said...

you look so good in a frame.

Linds said...

I think you should be framed all of the time.

kELLO! said...

holy cow thats the cutest outfit i've seen on you.
adorable coat.

kELLO! said...

not that you don't have cute outfits, you do- i just like that one best