5.10.2012

[con te partiro] [our anniversary]

four (4!!!) whole years ago today, we got married. just two cute kids, got married in provo, utah.

i feel so indescribably happy to be with ben. everyday i love him more (i probably say that all the time).

something that i have learned... and something i say a lot as well, is, we are a team. on the same team. so when things feel otherwise, i have to remind myself, we're in this together. and even though marriage takes work, it might be the only work that is worth the extra effort.

i so appreciate ben's positive attitude, his kindness and his uncanny ability to make me smile.

...

the above photo was taken on our wedding day just before we left our wedding celebration. our friend was singing to us (she was an incredible singer). she sang, "con te partiro" by andrea bocelli (many may know it as "time to say goodbye"). it's really not about saying goodbye to a person but a place--- it's about two lovers leaving their country together. and that's what we did. we ran off to italy the next morning (+4 other euro countries for 3 weeks).

links to:
wedding
anniversary 1
anniversary 2
anniversary 3

17 comments:

Farah said...

Awwww...happy Anniversary love! May you two have many, many, many more happy and loving years together. xo

Instead of saying we are a team, I always say that we are partners to my husband. ;)

EunnieProctor said...

Happy Anniversary you two! You guys look young. I'm glad I was there:)

shayna said...

Happiest Anniversary love birds. Can't believe it's been so long.

Rhianne said...

Happy anniversary to you both :)

Linds said...

Happy happy anniversary! I love you both! Thanks for being an awesome example of a marriage that's on the same team. I admire how you've always had each others backs. I'm going to celebrate today-a day of LOVE :)

laden backpack said...

Happy anniversary to you both. It goes without saying that time has a way of getting away. "As time goes by" are serious words from what was meant to be a not so serious song.
Each new year will be an adventure as you glide almost effortlessly through the sea of time.. a continued happy journey to both of you

kELLO! said...

Happy anni! ;) you two. Just the cutest.

Peggy said...

Happy Anniversary! What a happy couple-not since Romeo and Juliet, since Anthony and Cleopatra--has there been such lovers. Have a joyous day of celebration of that love.

sienna said...

happy anniversary to you two! you guys make a great team.

Peggy said...

How beautiful all of your wedding photos are. Fun trip down memory lane.

carla thorup said...

i love me a good anniversary.

happy day you two!

Emily said...

Happy anniversary proc, you are one pretty lady and one lovely couple. I'm so glad all the crazy was worth it and worked out just like you knew it would! :) lots and lots of love.

communikate. said...

Happy Happy you two! You guys seem perfect for one another!

nomadic gnome said...

happy anniversary!! i loved looking at your wedding pictures! you guys are hot stuff and i can't get over the height difference. it kills me! (in a good way) :)

angela hardison said...

happy happy anniversary!

Brittany said...

I just love that photo of you two--so much happy. And I love what you said--marriage might be the only work that is worth the extra work. I'll have to remember that; I think I'll feel the same. Hope your anniversary was wonderful.

Kristen said...

I know that I'm always slow, but that was a good day when the two of you love birds sealed the deal. Sure do love you both!