4.28.2013

sister!

IMG_6633 IMG_6636 IMG_6648 Collage1 IMG_6663 IMG_6683 IMG_6678 IMG_6675
we sort of got super lucky last weekend with a visit from my sister, kristen. kristen has a little family of 4 kids and a husband and she left them home in utah and came to see ben and i - just her. of course we love her little family...but to get alone time with kristen was golden!
i just don't think i've been alone like that with her in a long time and it was really lovely. we had conversations, ate at delicious places, shopped a little, walked and walked and walked. and walked. and just really enjoyed every minute our of time together.

even a week later, i am still feeling lucky. love you, sister!

p.s. did you know that roosevelt island has cherry trees? meaning cherry blossoms + nyc skyline = incredible. really made my heart sing and not miss the dc tidal basin as much.

8 comments:

Linda M. said...

It makes me happy just to see you two sisters together. The guy in the green gingham shirt is pretty cute,too.

laden backpack said...

you forgot to mentioned who stayed with the little family of four besides her sweet husband. Just kidding. So happy you two and you three could all be
together on your home turf. Such a lovely place, such nice spring spring light and such a great weekend. The
reports were glowing on this end, too.

shayna said...

That first picture of you and Kristen is perfect. You two really look related. I saved it and I have been looking at it when I need a study break. You two are so pretty.

Peggy said...

Oh, you two are so beautiful, you must be sisters. And beautiful spring blossoms- seen with jackets and scarves. Is it still spring or did it snow again?

Kristen said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm so slow! But it was so incredible to be with you! I love you so much and can't thank you and Ben enough for just spoiling me rotten all summer. Yup, I'm rotten now. LOVE YOU!

Kristen said...

PS...where in the world are we in the first picture?

Amy said...

It makes me sad that you discovered Roosevelt Island after our November trip! I need to come back to go with you!

Linds said...

I love you both. Those blossoms are mind-blowing.